Friday, September 9, 2011

A Farewell to Grand Forks

Woa! Where did those three plus weeks go?  I feel like it was just the other day that I was rolling into town, excited for a beer at Rhombus and some cheesy pickles at the Frog.  It has been absolutely great seeing all of you lovely people again-- you know who you are!
But seriously... I gotta get outta this place!  I need to be on that road again.  Sure its nice to have that roof over your head.  Its nice to have your best pals on either side of you while you sip drinks at the bar.  But I am itching to get out of here.  But, let me bring you up to speed on what I've been doing here in Grand Forks...

Mostly drinking

Well now that you're all caught up on what I've been up to, I suppose you can go back to surfing facebook, checking your email and all those other important online tasks.  Thanks for stopping by, I will talk to you later!



Bakery, featuring Aaron
 Ha!  Just kidding people, there has been so much more to my stay than the bottle.  Much more.  I've been doing it all!  Eating tasty food at the bakery (That's Dakota Harvest Bakery) going on bike rides with the pals, smoking fine Panamanian cigars, sipping Espresso, reading books in the park, throwing the frisbee around.  Shit, what haven't I done?!  There has been great live music at the Art Museum, fun dancing at a buddy's wedding, making new friends, going to art openings at a few local galleries.  Oh, and then there was the nine straight hours of mountain biking from 11:00PM to 8:00 AM at the 24 hour Adventure race-- yea that was pretty amazing.  And what have I been doing in between all of these fun, healthy and productive activities?  Mostly Drinking! Rhombus, of course, the Frog, the Hub, Blue Moose - I've raised many a glass with my good friends here, and loved every minute of it.

Adventure Race!


 But now its time to move on.  I gotta keep moving east, chasing that adventure, painting the roads with my tires.  I've been saying it for the last week at least.  And I would've left days ago, had I not procrastinated and left all of my chores and errands to the very end of my stay.  But oh well.  That's life through the eyes of Greg.  (Clearly Im not wearing my contacts).

Quick update: I've made it to Fargo! Had a few drinks at Rhombus (the fargo location, of course)-- its weird.  Its Rhombus, but its not rhombus.   Tomorrow I will hit up the Fargo Cyclocrosss race, then ride to fergus falls!

No comments:

Post a Comment